CS First is a program that increases student access and exposure to computer science (CS) education through after-school, in-school, and summer programs. The program is facilitated by instructors and/or community volunteers and is available at the Boys & Girls Clubs of the Midlands.
- Completely free and available online
- Targeted at students in grades 4th-8th (ages 9-14)
- Tailored to fit your schedule and needs
- Block-based coding using Scratch and are themed to attract students with varied interests
You don’t need prior CS knowledge or education training to get involved. All you need is simply enthusiasm to encourage in young people a desire and interest to create with CS.
-8 week commitment
-One hour a week
– Program on-going
Sign up to Volunteer
The minimum requirements to volunteer are:
- Interview or Meeting with BGCM Staff
- Background Check
- Availability to volunteer (commitment of 8 weeks)
Questions about volunteering or for Google CS FIRST please contact Ben Schmitz at 402-342-1600 x3246 or firstname.lastname@example.org