Fred Schott is no stranger to Boys & Girls Clubs of the Midlands. For more than 55 years Fred has been involved in the Club’s movement in one way or another, from junior staff member to President and CEO. Fred and his wife, Donna, consider themselves a “Club family” in every way.
So when Fred heard about the tax benefits of rolling over gifts of any size from his IRA to the Clubs, it was an easy decision for him. “Everything I am today I can say the Club had a part in. I want to give back, and through the IRA rollover I am also able to save on my taxes”, said Fred.
Are you looking for a way to make a big difference to help further our mission? Are you 70½ or older and interested in a way to lower the income and taxes from your IRA withdrawals? If so, an IRA charitable rollover is the perfect way to make an impact in the lives of our Club members.
Benefits of an IRA charitable rollover
- Avoid taxes on transfers of up to $100,000 from your IRA to our organization
- Satisfy your required minimum distribution (RMD) for the year
- Reduce your taxable income, even if you do not itemize deductions
- Make a gift that is not subject to the deduction limits on charitable gifts
- Make an impact in the lives of Club members by helping further the mission of Boys & Girls Clubs of the Midlands
How an IRA charitable rollover gift works
- Contact your IRA plan administrator to make a gift from your IRA to us.
- Your IRA funds will be directly transferred to our organization to help continue our important work.
- Please note that IRA charitable rollover gifts do not qualify for a charitable deduction.
- Please contact us if you wish for your gift to be used for a specific purpose.
To speak with someone directly at Boys & Girls Clubs of the Midlands, please contact Elizabeth Donner , Vice President of Leadership Giving at 402-342-1600 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please consult with your tax professional if you are considering a charitable rollover.